Sunday, June 28, 2009

Response to Comment...


Thanks Tatum! You brought up some interesting thoughts...
"Never to pay a bill unless you were willing to pay it" Wow! We were taught that it wasn't appropriate to ask how much things cost, because if you had to ask, you couldn't pay for it!  
'Well, she was taught how to budget very very early~ I found her Journal in the attic a month or so ago. One key element to her success as a single Mom was that she was taught the value of the dollar early on. She had to budget for every little thing she spent her allowance on. I'll post a an image of her allowance journal to the blog so you can see her accounting as a 9 year old! Sharing was simply an integral part of the Canadian civic culture. 
Take a look at her ledger above!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been harping on your 3 partition bank for 2 years now! My 7 and 9 year olds get it, although reluctantly. But tonight, as I read your blog, my 7 year old came into my office with the Save section of her bank and said, “Mom, look at all the money I’ve saved!”

So parents, keep harping over and over, they will slowly get it.